Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Great Tall Hunter

Last year I went Bowhunting for the first time and I got hooked on it. Recently I went on my first full hunting expedition. For those of you who don't know, Janet and I purchased Denver's old cabin, er trailer, which is located in the Manistee National Forest. Although I can't at least boast that it is a double-wide, it is enough for me... for now. Outside the trailer is God's country. It is beautiful and peaceful, bursting with wildlife, and I was there to kill some of them. To set the PETA family members at ease, I was not successful. In any event, it got me thinking... I'm not too sure how many members of my family actually hunt. So, for those of you who actually check this page from time-to-time, I ask that question to you. Who, among us, is an active hunter? When I say active, I mean currently owns a bow or rifle and has sat in the woods with it in the last, oh, five years or so.

My next expedition may be this winter to hunt Coyotes. Other than that, I have just been spending time working on the house, raking leaves, and studying the Michigan Campaign Laws for my run in two years for state congress. I'm currently looking for a shady real estate mogul, an unrepentant terrorist and an anti-American Preacher to help get me connected in Michigan politics. Oh yeah, and to practice winning economic policy, I am forcing Jordan to sacrifice one letter grade, from straight As to straight Bs, that he worked so hard for, and giving those points to those who are partying and only getting Cs, thus giving them straight Bs. He has already threatened to move to Canada. What he doesn't know is that he already lives there.

So, what is everyone doing these days??? Start posting.

3 comments:

Ragan said...

While I'm not a hunter (not including some unsuccessful fishing expeditions on Uncle Jim's boat) I do love the outdoors (and double wides). Hope you're enjoying your new property and the great outdoors!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Dave, have you ever read Into the Wild? I bet you might like it...

Anonymous said...

Bowhunting is addicting for sure. I am now in the middle of my bow season hunting whitetails in Central, New York. Keep at it and you will be successful.