Thursday, February 26, 2009

Prayers Needed

It's been a while and I hope you all are still checking back from time to time. I am in need of some of you prayers. Here's the skinny. Check that. Here is the long story: In June of 2007 I had a Melanoma removed from my chest. It was caught early and the prognosis was great. This past November they found another one right next to the scar left from the previous one. The prognosis was good as well as they deemed this was a separate Melanoma from the first one as opposed to metastisizing from the first one. However, about that same time I started noticing I was getting nausea quite frequently. I let it go for a few weeks thinking I may have had some viral infection or something. I was having some shakes with it and my doctor put me on a anti-depressant to see if the nausea wasn't related to some anxiety. I have never worried about my health. Anxiety is pretty much not a part of my makeup, but I tried it and liked it because it gave me more energy and confidence and actually began writing again. But that is a different story. Fast forward to about a month ago. I was till having nausea and it seemed to be getting worse. On top of that I began having occasional night sweats. Most nights I sweat a little but every once in a while I'd wake up with the sheets soaked. My doctors got concerned because of my cancer in the last few years. They ordered a CT scan on my brain and abdomen. The brain was clear and so was the abdomen with the exception of a lesion on my liver. The CT Scan seemed to point to it being a benign flash-filled hemangioma, which are quite regular and are not life-threatening. However, the CT Scan cannot diagnose this totally without an MRI to back it up. I am scheduled to have an MRI this coming Wednesday on my liver and chest. They added the chest to look at my lungs and esophegus. I also have an endoscopy scheduled this Monday to look at maybe it being an ulcer. In any event, with my past Melanoma, it does scare me a bit. Cancer can cause nausea and night sweats. But so can a lot of different, less threatening diagnosis. If you could, if you're the praying type, I sure could use them. I will let you know the outcome as soon as I find out what the hell it is.

Take care

Dave

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi David I will pray and I will ask my church to pray. love you
aunt shirley

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Dave, thank you so much for telling us what's going on with you. It's totally our job as your fam to love you and pray for you.

PLEASE keep us posted.

Love,
Kylee

DeCay911 said...

Thank you. I love you guys.