Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Family Matters

I created this blog as an avenue, a community center if you will, where our family can come to meet. The directions to this gathering is just a click of the mouse and a fast trip, depending on your Internet speed, along the electronic highway. We are all busy people. We are scattered around the continent. We are working on a career, working to build a house, working to fill our retirement time, working too damn much. We are married, single, divorced. We are young, middle-age, younger-than-we-think, older-than-we-think, and just plain older. We are democrat, republican, independent, apolitical. We are Buckeye fans, Wolverine fans, Volunteer fans, Wildcat fans. We are film lovers, television lovers, YouTube lovers. We are in-laws and outlaws. We are Mothers, Fathers, Sisters, Brothers, Aunts, Uncles, Nieces, Nephews, Grandmothers, Grandfathers and Grandchildren. We are ALL a family.

I cannot tell you how many times I have heard family news second-hand. It's understandable because if any of you are half as busy as me you are BUSY. This blog is designed as our community. Post whatever you like. You can let us know of an event in your life, an illness, a success story--anything significant or trivial. If you want to pass along a website or a link to something interesting, leave it here. If you or someone you know needs prayer, let us know. In simpler terms, this is for us. Let's use this incredible technology that will ultimately end this beautiful world for something good. I can tell you that I will be pontificating from time-to-time myself. I like to discuss issues of the day, culture, even the latest on Britney Spears. Don't blame me when I do. YOU made me this way. That brings me to one rule: be civil and LOVE.

DC

3 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Dave! This is a great idea. I'm on board. How cool. Thanks for pulling this together.

Ky

Linda said...

Thanks Dave for taking the time. I really appreciate it. Hopefully, we will all use it. It was nice to read about you. Please continue to keep us informed--I will do the same.

Linda

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Dave,
Can you post an instructional post (or send an email) to family members on how they post/add to this blog? Shirley's very interested.